Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Let's Get It Started

Welcome to my new blog, Between Rhyme and Reason. This blog will allow me to share and discuss my feelings on music along with songs that I feel like sharing. Life can get truly hectic sometimes and its at those times when you need music, music can be a saviour against the stress that sometimes overwhelms us all. I truly believe that a world without music is a world not living in, at least its not a world that I would ever want to live in. Music has helped me in so many ways and I feel like this is my way to give back to music. I'm a rather open-minded individual when it comes to music, I prefer to look at a song from its lyrics and how I feel about them rather than its genre...while genre is useful for categorizing music, I feel it has created a sense of distortion between fellow music listeners from enjoying certain songs simply due to prejudgmental biases resulting from the song's particular genre. You will find an interesting and rather ecclectic selection of music from mainstream to alternative, to today's hits to the gems of yesterday, and every now and then maybe something from somewhere else in this vast and beautiful world of ours(after all, music is a universal language, why restrict myself and my readers simply to music from the United States).

Again, I'd like to welcome you to what I hope will become a marvelous experience for both you and I, I'd like to welcome you once more to the birth of Between Rhyme and Reason. Keep an eye out from now on for articles as well as the daily song.

No comments:

Post a Comment